Whether you’ve always had a natural wanderlust or not, studying yoga abroad may be appealing to you.
If you have always wanted to travel and you’re looking to take your yoga practice to the next level, why not combine these passions and study yoga in a different country?
From experiencing yoga teacher training in Mexico to Iceland or Cambodia, there are a number of benefits.
Take a look at some of the profits that can be gained from studying your craft abroad:
- Go on an adventure. Living amongst a new culture is exciting. There’s so much to discover! Learning a language, enjoying local cuisine, and taking in fresh scenery are enriching experiences that can expand your thinking and give you a brand-new perspective on the world.
- Get to know yourself. The busyness of everyday life has a way of draining you of your passion. Going abroad gives you the opportunity to listen to your own heart without the normal distractions that are a part of your normal life. Re-centering yourself in quiet and stillness can be transformative. Don’t be surprised to come home from your time abroad feeling more light-hearted than you possibly ever have.
- Being in the moment. Constant rushing is damaging to your spirit. A trip abroad provides you with the unique opportunity to be keenly aware of what’s happening in the present. It also gives you a new perspective on problems. Sometimes they will suddenly pale in comparison to the wider world you’ve had a chance to glimpse around you.
- Practice your craft in a new way. As much as you enjoy your hometown and those that you teach there on a regular basis, new insight can be gained from a yoga experience abroad. Even techniques that you’ve done time and time again can take on new characteristics as you implement them in fresh surroundings. Getting out of your normal routine is eye-opening and the implications can affect your practice far into the future.
- Deepen your commitment to yoga. Studying abroad allows you to place your full focus on the practice of yoga for a period of time. You can totally immerse yourself in the practice and learn new techniques to share when you return home. There aren’t many times in your life when you are able to set aside everything else and zero in on your passion.
- Develop a global community. Don’t underestimate the power of time spent with a group of people who all have the same passion as you. Chances are, the people you’ll meet will be from all over the world and you’ll have the chance to engage and learn from them while forming bonds of friendship. You may be surprised by how much you’ll gain from spending time with like-minded-yet-diverse new friends.
- Learn from outstanding teachers. Getting a chance to further your craft by learning from the best of the best is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. You’ll return to your normal routine and students with a deeper understanding of yoga and a renewed passion for passing on what you’ve learned to them. Take advantage of the opportunity to feed off of their positive energy.
The chance to study yoga abroad is one that can have life-changing results for you, your students, and ultimately your yoga community. If you’re able to take a trip to further your passion, go for it!