If you’re holidaying in a country like New Zealand, you know that there are some beautiful places to see! However, it’s also likely that you don’t have any transport, so getting out and about is going to be tough unless you hire a car. If you’re on holiday, you don’t just want any car, though, and you don’t just want to use any hire car company. It makes sense to hire a vehicle from a place that knows the countryside and understands that you’re on holiday and want to have fun in comfort. So what should you do?
Renting from the Right People
It’s always tempting to go to a regular old car rental agency and just pay for a sedan or hatchback to get you around whilst on holiday. However, these places don’t really aim at the holiday market. What you really need is a hire company that understands you as customers, and that you’re in the country to see the sights in the comfort and in style at the best possible price. So, what should you look for in a company? Consider the following checklist:
- First of all, are they knowledgeable locals who know all the sights to see? As holiday makers, you want to know that the hire company knows about not only your holiday needs, but also about what you’d like to see. They might even suggest some great spots that you were unaware of.
- Do they offer a good range of vehicles? We all know about hiring cars, but at the best places you can also find motorhome and campervan hire. These sorts of vehicles are ideal for larger families and holiday parties that need more space to get around in comfort.
- This might seem nebulous, but do they offer a sense of fun and adventure? A great holiday vehicle hire company should be passionate about holidaying in their own country and having a great and memorable adventure! Look for colourful branding, a fun website, as well as friendly and engaged staff willing to chat with you at length about your holiday and adventure plans.
- Do they have a solid social media presence? If they’re really engaged in fun and adventure, a widespread social media presence can indicate that they have a passion for what they do.
- Do they offer exclusive deals and specials on fun holiday destinations and activities? The best companies network with other providers and holiday destinations to offer their own customers special deals and discounts.
- Do they include extras like airport shuttle transfers, multiple insurance packages, and/or GPS navigation units with their vehicle hire? Look for these types of add-ons on the company website.
Not every vehicle hire company is the same, and when you’re on holiday, the best thing you can do is use a company that understands exactly what you need. The right vehicle can really make your vacation special, so it’s important to make sure you do your research and hire from the best.