When you hit a certain age, the bucket list (i.e. the list of things to do before you die) becomes more important. Parachuting from an airplane, getting a tattoo, trekking in Nepal, owning a Harley Davidson, caravanning around Australia or travelling the world are just a few of the things commonly found on bucket lists. One place I would love to visit is Tuscany, Italy because of the beautiful landscapes I have seen in pictures. This visit would be an achievable goal for me because of the many tours of Tuscany available through the range of Tuscan holiday packages.
Why Tour Tuscany?
The short answer is because Tuscany has everything to offer in one region:
- Tuscany, home of the Renaissance, is steeped in tradition and history of art and science with its famous museums (e.g. Pitti Palace and Uffizi) and magnificent paintings, sculptures and architecture.
- Tuscany has beautiful landscapes and countryside with rolling hills and mountain paths that cycling enthusiasts and hikers can enjoy; plus sea coast and islands for those who love being near water in the summer.
- Tuscany has the goods to tickle the palate of any gourmet or wine buff that appreciates exquisite cuisine and wine. It is the home of famous wines such as Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano.
- Tuscany has a strong cultural and linguistic identity. There is no better place to learn the Italian language and culture than in this home of high culture. If none of the above four reasons are enough for you to put Tuscany on your bucket list, then maybe the fifth reason will…
- Tuscany is also the location of seven World Heritage Sites:
- The historic centre of Florence, its capital.
- The historical centre of Siena with its medieval brick buildings (Piazza del Campo, the Palazzo Pubblico, the Torre del Mangia and the Gothic town hall).
- The square of the Cathedral of Pisa, also known as Campo dei Miracoli in Pisa or the Square of Miracles, which has three structures that are considered central to religious life because they symbolize the main stages of a person’s life (birth represented by the Baptistry; life represented by the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta including the Leaning Tower of Pisa which is the bell tower of the Cathedral; and death represented by the graveyard).